After being rushed into deploying the site and domain services, I think we’re almost out of development.
Whats finished and looking good:
- Class templates are now modular in the page builder and currently building templates for them for easy deploy.
- Items, skills and specs are shortcodes so can be called into posts/pages as long as they have a value in their custom field.
- Event Calendar with ‘add an event’ form.
What’s left to do:
- Seasonal theming, now that build templates are modular this can happen and not screw things around. Also, find a theme I’m happy with.
- Finish adding all specs, traits and skills (just thief left to add ironically).
- tidying up of code and templates to get them looking their best.
- Need to bring some trusted people in to edit builds and generally tidy up while I do the heavy work.
- The site needs to be self-sustaining at some point, Sorry, that means either an ad system or affiliate game link
What’s in store
- Advanced choosy system, at the moment its all Advanced Custom Fields with some elaborate calls. I’d like to make an interface for traits (like gw2skills or intothemists) with tooltip descriptions on hover. So far I’ve got the selection and display done, but calling facts into a usable tooltip is currently out of reach.
- Turn it all into its own plugin for WordPress, and a pure HTML/JS version, so it can be moved and integrated into future versions.
How and why?
Desolation Community needed a presence to get organized and often used several sources for builds and tactics. No one was gonna do anything, and I hated the way you had to look up ID’s and stuff for builds and how the current build calculators ran their own cached API system which often took ages to update when skills/traits changed. So I wanted somewhere to test and try it out.
So absolute chaos happens the normal Desolation way and I was forced to rush something.. This.